Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My New Blog - From One Camper to Another

My youngest enjoys camping. 
New blog alert!  I've revamped my blog here, but have allowed my old posts to remain for anyone who cares to read them. 

I want to narrow down my blog to a particular interest...camping! 
I'm truly a google junkie, and I like to research areas before spending the time and money to go there.  Finding plentiful reviews on campgrounds are few and far between, so I decided to start my own.  I often wonder if the campground is well-maintained, kid friendly, and if they enforce their quiet hours.  These are things I will attempt to answer for each campground I go to. 

While I'm interested in camping in other states, this blog is going to be an emphasis on camping in Kentucky. 

Stay tuned for future posts, and please feel free to follow this blog.  2012 planning is underway!

Kentucky state parks are offering deals.  Check 'em out and get planning. 

Here are a few tips if you're just getting started:

  1. Always pack an extra, extra change of clothes.  You will get dirty and possibly wet if it suddenly rains, or something get spilled.  Staying dry is key to comfort.  Don't think you need that extra pair of socks?  Pack them anyway!
  2. Invest in a sleeping bag.  It doesn't have to be a $300 Antarctica ready number for the avid mountain climber.  Wal-Mart sells good ones that should suffice for what you need, for fairly cheap.  Sleeping bags provide insulation that regular blankets cannot.  There's nothing more miserable than waking up shivering cold and not being able to sleep.  
  3. Double your drinking water 'guestimation'.  This applies especially if you are camping in the summer time.  The exertion from setting up camp will make any normal person sweat, so be sure to replenish.  Gallon drinking water is sold at almost any grocery for less than a dollar.  Avoid attempting to replenish with beer, sodas or sugary sweet tea.  Water is your best hydrant.   



No comments:

Post a Comment