Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer is Great and All, But I Really Miss the Fall



This photo is the quintessential hiking trail for me. It was about a fifty degree morning last fall at Natural Bridge State Park when Derek and I hiked up to the natural bridge. Not a soul was around. It felt our feet shuffling through the leaves on this path disturbed the environment, and we actually found ourselves whispering.

"Why are we whispering?" I asked. We laughed and remembered to make some noise because this was bear country. Sneaking up on a black bear in search of her morning breakfast is NOT an ideal hiking trip.

I love the fall. It's my favorite of seasons. I cherish the coolness of the air and the colors that adorn the walls and floors of the forest. My hands were freezing and my heart was racing with the exertion from the hike (notice it's just about all uphill) but it was the joy of nature, the peace of God's creation that really made my heart beat.   


We're taking a break from this humid-hellish heat and there will be more reviews coming up this fall. 


Know of a great hiking trail?  Share it in a comment below, please! 


On top of Natural Bridge.  Sixty foot drop-off on either side!



No comments:

Post a Comment